Current Translation Projects
The first long-term goal of Dharma Pearls is to produce English translations of the four Chinese Āgama collections and select early Buddhist texts like the Chinese Dharmapāda from the Taisho canon.
The list of texts currently slated for translation includes:
- The Long Discourses (Skt. Dīrgha-āgama)
- The Medium Discourses (Skt. Madhyama-āgama)
- The Related Discourses (Skt. Saṃyukta-āgama)
- The Numerical Discourses (Skt. Ekottarika-āgama)
- Past Events (Skt. Itivṛttaka)
- Dharma Verses (Skt. Dharmapāda)
- Illuminations (A collection of udānas with illustrative stories)
While there are many other early Buddhist texts in Chinese, this initial set of texts comprise a total of 1,422 pages of the Taisho, which will probably translate to around 1.7 million words of English.